Your cart is currently empty!
The team at Watervale Hotel are passionate about fresh local food and Clare Valley produce.
OUR wine is worth experiencing
Teach Me, Feed Me
Teach Me, Feed Me
Join us for an in-depth Wine Masterclass covering history, climate, geology and geography to learn what makes Clare Valley so unique. Featuring back vintage Wendouree red and Grosset Riesling, award-winning Kilikanoon Shiraz, and wines selected to demonstrate the diversity of Clare Valley from the ‘Best Pub Restaurant Wine List in Australia’ crafted by Sommelier Warrick Duthy.
After the class enjoy a Feed Me Menu curated by Executive Chef Nicola Palmer. The perfect way for guests to begin their wine-tasting experience in the Clare Valley.
• 11am—One hour Wine Masterclass including Wine Flight of 6 different local wines in a private Watervale Hotel space
• Taste iconic wines from our multi-award-winning Wine List
• 12 noon – Full Feed Me Menu for lunch with plates selected from our seasonal A la carte Menu
• Be inspired by our selection of iconic Wines that showcase the Clare Valley
• Learn in-depth about Clare Valley terroir, geology, geography, and what makes our wines so diverse and positively different.
• Enjoy a lunch of seasonal, local farm-to-plate dishes on our Feed Me Menu
Clare Valley Wine Masterclass
Be educated and inspired by our knowledgeable staff as they take you in depth into six wines in a one hour masterclass to learn what makes the Clare Valley so unique. Featuring back-vintage Wendouree reds, Grosset Riesling, award-winning Kilikanoon Shiraz, and wines selected by Sommelier Warrick Duthy to demonstrate the diversity of the region.
One hour Masterclass including Wine Flight
- Guests taste six Clare Valley wines
- Learn in-depth and share with our knowledgeable staff
guiding you through a tasting of local Clare Valley Wines
- Be inspired by Sommelier Warrick Duthy’s selection of iconic Wines to showcase the region
- Learn about Clare Valley terroir, geology, geography, and what makes our wines so diverse and positively different
- The perfect way to begin your wine tasting experience in the
Clare Valley. Pair the Wine Masterclass with a Feed me lunch
reservation of dishes from created by our Executive Chef Nicola Palmer.
Wine Paired Dining
Diners can request wine matching with their meals at any time. This can be with our A La Carte menu, Group Feasts or Degustation experiences.
Wine Matched Degustation Dinners
We offer wine-matched degustation dinners daily. You can choose from our Icon wine match selection which includes a back vintage Wendouree red and Grosset Riesling and an award-winning Kilikanoon Shiraz; or the Classic Clare Valley selection which demonstrates the diversity of the region.
For groups of 6 or more, we can tailor a wine-matched degustation dinner served in private rooms. For example, we could arrange a dinner with wines from wineries that you do not visit when you are in Clare, or wines that do not have Cellar Doors.
Please make contact to arrange a special dinner by emailing email@example.com.
We also match our Degustation dining experiences with mocktails.