The team at Watervale Hotel are passionate about fresh local food and Clare Valley produce.
OUR wine is worth experiencing
Teach Me, Feed Me
Teach Me, Feed Me
Join us for an in-depth Wine Masterclass covering history, climate, geology and geography to learn what makes Clare Valley so unique. Featuring Wines selected from the ‘Best Pub Restaurant Wine List in Australia’ crafted by Sommelier Warrick Duthy prior to a Feed Me Menu curated by Head Chef and low-waste warrior Nicola Palmer. The perfect way for guests to begin their wine tasting experience in the Clare Valley.
• 11am—One hour Wine Masterclass including Wine Flight of 6 different local wines in a private Watervale Hotel space
• Taste wines from our multi-award-winning Wine List
• 12 noon – Full Feed Me Menu for lunch with plates selected from our seasonal A la carte Menu
• Be inspired by our selection of local Wines that showcase the Clare Valley
• Learn in-depth about Clare Valley terroir, geology, geography, and what makes our wines so diverse and positively different
• Enjoy a lunch of seasonal, local farm-to-plate dishes on our Feed Me Menu
Clare Valley Wine Masterclass
Be educated and inspired by our knowledgeable staff as they take you in depth into six wines in a one hour masterclass to learn what makes the Clare Valley so unique. Featuring Wines selected by Sommelier Warrick Duthy from our 2021 Best Pub Restaurant Wine List in Australia.
One hour Masterclass including Wine Flight
- Guests taste six local Clare Valley wines
- Learn in-depth and share with our knowledgeable staff
guiding you through a tasting of local Clare Valley Wines
- Be inspired by Sommelier Warrick Duthy’s selection of local Wines to showcase the region
- Learn about Clare Valley terroir, geology, geography, and what makes our wines so diverse and positively different
- The perfect way to begin your wine tasting experience in the
Clare Valley. Pair the Wine Masterclass with a lunch
reservation of dishes from created by our Head Chef and
low-waste warrior Nicola Palmer.
Flight Lounge – Share a Flight at Watervale
Between 5pm and 7pm every evening the Watervale Hotel lounge bars turn Cellar Door and offers flights of wines selected from our by the glass list.
Guests can select four wines in their flight and as well as a serve of stuffed olives for $40 / head. Guests will learn about Clare Valley terroir, geology, geography and what makes our wines so diverse and positively different.
For groups of 8 or more we can include other wines not on our by the glass list.
Wine Paired Dining
Diners can request wine matching with their meals at any time. This can be with our A La Carte menu, Group Feasts or Degustation experiences.
Wine Matched Degustation Dinners
We run regular wine matched dinners, and can tailor a wine matched degustation dinner for groups in private rooms. For example we could arrange a dinner with wines from wineries that you do not visit when you are in Clare, or wines that do not have Cellar Doors. Please make contact to arrange a special dinner by emailing email@example.com.
We can match our Chefs Table and Degustation dining experiences with wine or other beverages.
Some of these are partner events with winemaking suppliers, such as the regular “Kilikanoon Revelation Degustation” which features Kilikanoon’s most awarded wines matched with Watervale Hotel menu.
Bookable on request- 6 person minimum $210/ head.
Others are promoted on our social media.