Your cart is currently empty!
The team at Watervale Hotel are passionate about fresh local food and Clare Valley produce.
Our menu is seasonal, driven by produce from our own organic, bio dynamic Penobscot Farm.
Nicola Palmer has tremendous experience in off-site catering, and the facilities now at her disposal at the Watervale Hotel have enhanced her capability. We don’t just cater, we create amazing, memorable events. Without wow factor, its just food!
Nicola and the Watervale Hotel’s recent Catering experience includes:
- A group of 20 Chinese tourists dining in the middle of a vineyard, using a generator and gas bottles for cooking and candles for table light. Thankfully it was December, under a full moon, and with a beautiful array of stars. The guests were blown away by the fact that everything they ate only South Australian fresh ingredients, presented in a Chinese friendly manner that could be eaten with chop-sticks.
- A similar size group of Koreans served a traditional Korean breakfast whilst listening to K-Pop in the Penobscot Farm shearing shed. It was heavy on chili, garlic, kimchi and included a beef soup well known for its hangover curing capability. There was tears in their eyes, and it wasn’t from the chili.
- A formal wine matched degustation dinner catered for in a winery barrel hall, surrounded by wine barrels and fairy lights.
- A sixtieth wedding anniversary lunch for around 80 people at Penobscot Farm in the shearing shed. The catering had to work for four generations, and a variety of taste expectations.
- Dessert for over 200 at the Clare Valley Winemakers and Growers Wine Show lunch, with almost ingredients grown at Penobscot Farm. We don’t grow chocolate!
- A BBQ using local free range meat and Penobscot Farm salads and vegetables for overseas distributors at a winery cellar door.
- A romantic dinner for two to set the scene for the age old question ‘Will you marry me?’.
Every catered event is different. For that reason Nicola prefers to fully understand the customer needs, dietary issues, budget constraints, and catering environment before preparing a unique proposal.